San Francisco property management is a relationship business. Your valuable real estate assets need to be protected. They need to be well-positioned to attract the best tenants and the highest rental values. You need a management partner you can trust.
The San Francisco rental market is unique. It’s expensive, it’s competitive, and it’s highly regulated. Your property manager should be up to date on all the latest laws and tenant protections. They should also understand the nuances of every neighborhood and each building.
At Sharevest Property Management, we are local experts who have been helping investors and landlords lease, manage, and maintain their rental properties effectively. Our owners appreciate the value we deliver not only as property managers, but as investment partners who help them make good decisions for their properties.
We know you have a lot of options when it comes to choosing a San Francisco property management company. In this blog, we’d like to explain why our owners trust what we do, and how we might be a great partner for you and your properties, too.
San Francisco Property Management Leadership
Our team has been in San Francisco for a while, and that local knowledge allows us to do a better job of pricing rental units, evaluating when it’s time to make some upgrades and improvements, and working with tenants. The owners we work with trust us to manage their property with San Francisco market factors and tenant preferences in mind.
Our leasing staff is able to:
- Set accurate and profitable rental rates.
- Conduct a thorough market study in order to set a rental price for your property that achieves the perfect balance between maximizing monthly income and maintaining a low vacancy rate. *
- Market your property strategically. Our team understands the importance of crafting compelling listings with high quality photos.
- Schedule showings that are convenient for tenants.
- Screen applications carefully, thoroughly, and in compliance with all fair housing laws.
While the local expertise we bring to your property is certainly beneficial, we also understand the industry as a whole. Continuing education and professional development is important to us. We are always willing to attend classes, conferences, and workshops that will teach us new things and give us a new perspective when it comes to managing your investment better. We are active in local and industry-wide associations and professional organizations. We network with other professionals to gain exposure to different ways of leasing and managing your property.
Whether you’re renting out a single unit or you’re building a strong portfolio of rental properties, you’re hiring us to do what we do best. Owners choose us because we have experience in all types of residential properties and lease types. We can professionally interact with owners and tenants as well as vendors and contractors.
Prioritizing Maintenance for San Francisco Rentals
Another reason our owners trust us is that we’re able to provide high quality maintenance services that are also cost-efficient. Protecting the condition and value of your property is our main priority. But, we know that you don’t want to overspend on simple repairs or make needless replacements. We’re careful with how we schedule and manage maintenance to ensure it’s done properly and affordably.
Emergencies are rare because we take preventative steps to keep your property in excellent condition. But, when there is something that goes wrong during off-hours, we’re responsive and professional. We’ll work closely with the tenants and we will mitigate any further damage to your property. You’ll be kept in the loop as our repairs progress.
Maintenance is difficult for a lot of rental property owners. It’s expensive. It’s often frustrating.
We make sure it’s efficient.
You won’t have to worry about deferred or unreported maintenance. You won’t have to worry about deterioration of appliances or failing HVAC systems. We are constantly monitoring the state of your rental home’s systems and functions, and we’ll bring any recommendations to you right away if we think something needs to be repaired, replaced, or upgraded.
We also partner with tenants to maintain your home. Our great tenant relationships mean that:
- Repair needs are reported right away.
- Tenants understand our expectations and their responsibilities.
- Coordinating with vendors for repairs is seamless.
- We’re able to retain good tenants by taking care of repair needs right away.
Our ability to provide outstanding maintenance services is in part due to our great team of vendors and contractors. We keep a preferred list of repair professionals who we call upon when work is needed. Because we manage so many properties and provide a high volume of work to these companies, we often get their best rates and their earliest appointment times.
Like we said earlier – property management is about relationships. Our excellent vendor relationships lead to better maintenance. Our owners can trust us to take care of their properties.
Protecting San Francisco Rental Owners from Legal Mistakes
Tenant protections in San Francisco have always been robust. Recently, statewide laws have begun catching up, and now we have statewide rent control that complements the San Francisco restrictions that have been in place for decades.
There are new laws, too, which speak to evictions and Section 8 tenants. You need to understand security deposit requirements and habitability definitions. There are differences between pets, service animals, and companion animals. If you don’t know the difference, you could find yourself unintentionally discriminating against someone with a disability. Lease agreements require very specific language.
The legal system is overbearing in our area, and that’s why you need a property management partner who understands the laws and their implications. Trying to manage a rental unit in San Francisco on your own is not a good idea, especially not now. It’s easy to make a legal mistake, and that mistake will likely be costly.
Owners appreciate that we understand the laws from all perspectives. We know what we’re required to do as your property managers in order to keep your unit compliant with all state, federal, and local laws. We know where your liability and risk is most glaring, and we can take steps to mitigate that risk. We work with tenants to hold them accountable without violating their rights.
It’s not always an easy system to navigate, but we do it well. That means you don’t have to.
Investing in Property Management Technology
At Sharevest Property Management, we have access to some of the best technology designed for the management of your San Francisco rental property. We take time to study the new developments in the industry, and we choose to invest in technology that’s innovative and automated. With online portals and accounting software systems, we’re able to:
- Collect and pay rent electronically
- Document inspections and maintenance
- Generate up-to-date accounting statements and financial reports
- Syndicate listings across multiple platforms when marketing your home
When you’re a landlord managing on your own, it’s unlikely that you can invest in technology on the scale that property management companies can.
Owners working with us appreciate that we provide this type of technology without losing the value of personal connections and meaningful relationships. Here’s how we blend our tech power with our personalized and customized management plans:
- Leasing. Every day your rental property is not occupied is a day you’re losing money. We keep those vacancy losses low by leveraging technology to market, show, and lease your property. Leasing technology can help with marketing, showings, and tenant screenings. We can review and sign the lease agreement electronically, even while remaining available to your new tenants if they have questions or need clarification.
- Maintenance. We ask our tenants to request routine maintenance online, through their tenant portal. It’s more convenient when tenants can simply fill in a request form instead of calling us. We’re more likely to hear about maintenance issues as they happen, reducing the chance of deferred and unreported maintenance expenses. It also creates a paper trail of documentation that demonstrates when the request was made, what we did about it, and how it was paid for.
- Accounting. Tracking your income and expenses is important, especially at tax time. Our system can keep everything accurate, detailed, and transparent. We follow the security deposit and provide financial reports to our owners in real time.
With good technology, we’re able to automate those repetitive and basic tasks, leaving us more time to work on our relationship with you, your tenants, and your property. Owners trust us to be digital when necessary, and personal when it’s preferred.
San Francisco property management is what we do best. We take a comprehensive approach to managing the leasing and the maintenance of your property. We collect rent on time, we protect the condition of your investment, and we work closely with tenants to ensure everyone is having a good rental experience.
You can trust us with your property. If you’d like to hear more about how we can help you, we’d love to talk further. Please contact us at Sharevest Property Management.